Monday, March 5, 2012

A Little Snow

An Alberta Clipper rolled through overnight binging us a couple of inches of snow. It won’t last long because the ground was not frozen and the next weather system is poised to move in tomorrow bringing a return to spring like weather.

Even though the roads were not icy THE BOSS pried me out of bed at the crack of dawn to drive her to work. This is some of what the livestock and I saw on the road to town this afternoon when we went to pick her up.

IMG_2470

As you can see, the snow in the lower lying areas was already melting under this afternoon’s bright sun despite the temperature barely clearing the freezing mark. This shot was made with a 55MM lens.

IMG_8402

Changing to the other camera which was mounted with my big lens and the same shot at 500MM not only gives a clearer picture of the snow on the mountainsides, it also reveals a red and white semi southbound on Interstate-81 which was mostly hidden by a fold in the terrain.

IMG_8383

This Canada Goose was unfazed by the blowing snow……..

IMG_2464

……..then there was this silly goose plowing snow with his face.

IMG_2467

I think he was disappointed that there wasn’t more.

Tomorrow I may go to Lowe’s  and see if I can get my money back on that snow shovel I bought it 7 years ago. It didn’t come with an operator’s manual and I can’t figure out how to start it so it’s never been used and Buddy doesn’t seem to need it.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck at Lowes! lol We were supposed to get a bit of snow, but barely even saw a flake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least you guys GOT snow! I have a feeling this summer is gonna be a hot, buggy one here in Tennessee since we only had a couple days of flurries this winter, with no accumulation at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dusting of snow on the mountains looks really cool! i love buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Frankie can teach you how to use the snow shovel in nothing flat, lol

    I love the pics of Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo of Buddy with the snow whiskers!
    I was happy that I didn't buy a snow shovel yet. With our two little snows my old stall shovel has worked fine the one time I used it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that photo of Buddy with the snow whiskers!
    I was happy that I didn't buy a snow shovel yet. With our two little snows my old stall shovel has worked fine the one time I used it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I was going to say. Point Buddy to the side walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that photo of the goose standing in the snow but then the picture of Buddy in the snow was great too...it brightened my whole morning! We've got sixties in our forecast so I know that season's change is upon us for real now. Have a great day Chip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It might not have been much snow but still pretty! Looks like Buddy really enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete